3 croissants, torn into small pieces
1 mango, chopped
3 eggs, lightly beaten
½ cup caster sugar
½ cup cream
1 ½ cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
ice cream, to serve
mango curd, to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 170C. Lightly grease four 1-cup capacity ovenproof ramekins or dishes.
- Divide the torn croissants and chopped mango among the ramekins.
- Whisk together the eggs, caster sugar, cream, milk and vanilla until fully combined and transfer mixture to a large jug. Pour over the croissants and mango then place the ramekins in a baking dish.
- Pour boiling water into the baking dish, coming half way up the sides of the ramekins.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 35 minutes or until golden and set. If the puddings start to brown too quickly cover the baking dish with foil.
- Allow the puddings to stand for 5 minutes then serve with ice cream and mango curd (optional).