- 2 corn cobs, peeled
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs chipotle in adobe sauce
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt flakes, crushed
- 500g sashimi grade skinless fresh salmon fillets, chilled
- 2 Mangoes, chilled
- 1 cup coriander sprigs
- corn chips, to serve
- Place 4 large plates in the freezer for 15 minutes to chill. Preheat a barbecue plate, grill or grill pan on medium-high. Brush the corn with half the oil. Barbecue, for 8-10 minutes, turning often or until corn is lightly charred. Cut the corn kernels from the cobs.
- Finely chop the chipotle chilli in adobe and place chilli and sauce into a bowl. Add lime, sugar and salt, whisk to dissolve the sugar. Slice the salmon into 1/2cm-thick pieces. Arrange in a single layer on the chilled plates. Spoon over half the chipotle lime mixture. Turn salmon, to coat both sides. Cover and refrigerate no longer than 10 minutes.
- Stir remaining olive oil into the remaining chipotle lime mixture, whisk to combine. Peel and slice the flesh from mangoes.
- Just before serving, remove salmon from the fridge. Top with mango and corn. Spoon over the dressing. Scatter over the coriander. Serve with corn chips.
- Tip: when buying salmon make sure its pin boned.