Mango Paletas – frozen ice pop
- 3 large Mangoes
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes, optional
- 5 limes, juiced
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- Cut the cheeks from 1 mango. Carefully scoop out the flesh. Dice. Place into a bowl. Sprinkle over the chilli flakes if using. Refrigerate until ready to assemble.
- Peel and chop the flesh from the remaining mangoes. Place into a blender or processor with ½ cup lime juice and sweetened condensed milk. Blend or process until smooth.
- Spoon the mango lime mixture and diced chilli mango alternately among 10 popsicle moulds. Insert paddle pop stick and freeze overnight.
- Variation: Mango & coconut Paletas You can replace the lime juice with 1/2 cup coconut cream
Mango & thyme Paletas You can replace the chilli with 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Child friendly Mangoade Paletas: omit the chilli and replace the lime with orange juice.