Prawn, mango, fennel wreath salad
- 2 medium fennel bulbs, trimmed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 200ml crème fraîche
- ¼ cup mint leaves, shredded
- 3 Mangoes
- 100g baby rocket
- 4 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into ribbons
- 1 bunch radish, washed, thinly sliced
- 1kg cooked medium prawns, peeled, deveined
- ¼ cup pistachio kernels, toasted, chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil & lemon wedges, to serve
- Use a mandolin to thinly slice the fennel into a large bowl. Pour over the lemon juice, season with salt and pepper. Stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Combine the crème fraiche and mint, season. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Remove the cheeks from the mango. Carefully scoop out the flesh, thinly slice. Drain the fennel.
- Combine the rocket and shallots, arrange in a wreath shape on a large board or platter. Top with fennel, cucumber, radish, prawns and mango. Sprinkle with pistachio. Drizzle with olive oil. Serve with mint crème fraiche and lemon wedges.