36 green king prawns, peeled and de-veined
¼ cup soy sauce
½ cup sesame seeds
1 mango, peeled and chopped
2 tablespoons roughly chopped peanuts
¼ cup coriander leaves
2 tablespoons Thai basil leaves
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
sliced green onion, to serve
- Place the prawns in a large bowl, add the soy sauce, toss to coat then cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Drain prawns from marinade and thread onto skewers. Spray with a little cooking oil spray.
- Place the sesame seeds on a large plate. Liberally coat each skewers in the sesame seeds.
- Heat a little oil in a large non stick frying pan over medium low heat. Cook the skewers in batches, turning once gently until golden and cooked through.
- While the prawn skewers are cooking, combine the chopped mango with the peanuts, herbs, rice wine vinegar and two tablespoons water.
- Serve the skewers sprinkled with extra sesame seeds, along with asian mango salad and rice or noodles. Garnish with green onion.